Friday, November 9, 2012

Yummy Arugula and English Pea Salad
One of my favorite things to do is eat. You know this already though. I take great pleasure, however, in eating delicious food out and about and then coming home and recreating those yummy dishes. The other day I was perusing the deli at my local health food store, New Frontiers, and tried a salad that piqued my interest. It was an arugula and english pea salad. I figured I could tweak the ingredients a bit to work with my new eating preferences(no dairy, the salad had parmesan in it). This is what I came up with and it was too good not to share.

Throw together in a bowl:
~2 cups arugala
~about an eighth of a red onion diced
~about 1/2 to 1 cup of frozen sweet or english peas (set out on the counter for a while to defrost- yea, a while... this isn't science)
~I had already shredded carrots so I just thew a hand full of those in there too
~I used a sheep's milk cheese that has a flavor somewhat similar to parmesan(shredded of course)...I think I used about a quarter cup grated.

Toss all of that together and then add dressing (below)

~EVOO - 2 parts
~Rice Wine Vinegar - 1 part
These below add to taste
~Salt
~Pepper
~Red Pepper Flakes or Cayenne
~Garlic Powder or Fresh Garlic
~Maybe a little agave or maple syrup for a slight sweetness(not a lot)

Then smile and send me a message letting me know what you think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment